Unserved warrant says Bridges violated domestic violence protective order

Unserved warrant says Bridges violated domestic violence protective order

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office says it has an unserved warrant for Hornets forward Miles Bridges for a violation of a domestic violence protective order, along with an unserved criminal summons for a domestic protective order violation, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.

The sheriff’s office told The Associated Press the warrant was issued in January, but has not yet been served. The criminal summons was issued on Wednesday.

According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the corresponding police report indicated the mother of Bridges’ two children had her windshield smashed in at her residence and that her protective order was violated by his appearance. The alleged incident happened at her residence, the station reported.

 

The AP was unable to obtain a copy of the police report Wednesday night.

The Hornets said in a statement Wednesday night they are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information.

Messages left for Bridges’ attorney were not immediately returned.

The 25-year-old Bridges is serving three years of probation after pleading no contest last November to one felony count of injuring a child’s parent, agreeing to do so in exchange for no jail time.

Bridges had been facing three felony charges — the one that he pleaded no contest to, and two others of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. The charges stemmed from accusations that he assaulted his former girlfriend in front of their two children in June 2022, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.

Bridges, who was a restricted free agent at the time of the incident and likely to receive a contract in excess of $100 million, sat out the entire 2022-23 NBA season.

The NBA suspended Bridges for 30 games this season, but determined that 20 games would be dropped due to time already missed because he missed 82 games last year. Bridges will miss the first 10 games of the regular season.

He is not allowed to participate in preseason games.

In July, Bridges apologized for the “pain and embarrassment” caused by the domestic violence investigation. Bridges agreed to a one-year, $7.9 million contract with the Hornets to return this season and vowed to rebuild relationships with teammates and become more active in the Charlotte community.

Got a story or tip for us? Email Sports Gossip editors at tips@sportsgossip.com 

Want More From Sports Gossip? 

For all the latest breaking Sports Gossip, be sure to follow SportsGossip.com on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

You can view the original article HERE.

No Preview
Selena Gomez Calls Her Husband ‘Sweet, Sweet’ And 1.3 Million People Agree
No Preview
Megan Thee Stallion’s Ice-Cold Tease Has Listeners Guessing What Comes Next
No Preview
Dua Lipa Says Surviving New York City Summer Heat Is an Olympic Sport
No Preview
Adam Scott’s Birthday Tribute To Naomi Scott Is Pure Unfiltered Adoration
DESPINA MIROU: THE IMPERSONATION QUEEN OF COMEDY
DESPINA MIROU: THE IMPERSONATION QUEEN OF COMEDY
Despina Mirou Ranks Among Top Global Contenders in Johnny Depp’s “The People’s Artist”
Despina Mirou Ranks Among Top Global Contenders in Johnny Depp’s “The People’s Artist”
Short Films in Focus: Trapped (with Sam Cutler-Kreutz)
Short Films in Focus: Trapped (with Sam Cutler-Kreutz)
Hulu’s “The Testaments” Returns to Gilead For Another Timely Tale About Privilege and Complicity 
Hulu’s “The Testaments” Returns to Gilead For Another Timely Tale About Privilege and Complicity 
No Preview
Townies share new song ‘Wednesday’ in response to Wednesday’s ‘Townies’
No Preview
Watch Kurt Vile join Fontaines D.C. on stage for ‘Roman Holiday’ at La Route Du Rock
No Preview
Marvel reveal new ‘X-Men’ cast, including Adam Driver as Mister Sinister
No Preview
Full credits to Phoebe Bridgers’ ‘Lost Weekend’ show Alex G, Lucy Dacus, Julien Baker, Conor Oberst, and “Son-John Johnson” (believed to be Cameron Winter)
No Preview
What Caleb Wooden’s addition means for Arkansas football 2026 defense
No Preview
Bears’ Bryant out 4-6 months after knee surgery
No Preview
Scheffler shoots 61 to take 3-shot lead in Memphis in playoff opener
No Preview
Falcons’ Stefanski: Sample too small to grade Tua’s tough opener
No Preview
Dead City Season 3 Episode 4 Review: Is Maggie Getting a New Love Interest?
No Preview
How Reacher, All American & Ted Lasso Gave Us Characters Worth Rooting For
No Preview
Big Brother Spoilers: Veto Winner Could Set Up Major Chaos This Week
No Preview
Anna Pigeon Season 1 Episode 2 Finds Its Footing and Puts Down Roots
No Preview
Everything You Need To Know About Lavazza’s Groundbreaking New Product Tablì
No Preview
ITA to Return to Coterie to Showcase the Best of “Made In Italy”
No Preview
A New Face at Centric Brands, The Society Gets Into Sports,
No Preview
The New RSVP: Why High Performers Are Demanding More From Their Social Lives